Join us August 22-26, 2018 in Ashland, Oregon for Ride Like a Girl’s Bike Training Camp. Led by Bart Bowen, former professional cyclist, cycling coach for 18+ years and owner of Bowen Sports Performance, we will learn together in a fully-supported on-bike training experience. Expect four days of road cycling, skill-building drills and night time coaching chats with a team of three Bowen Sports Performance coaches. This camp includes meals, accommodations in a lodge-style home on Howard Prairie Lake, top-notch instruction & coaching – all in the company of girlfriends!
Who is bike camp designed for? We inviting experienced road cyclists who are comfortable biking 40-50 miles* and climbing hills. You don’t have to be good at it, but this should not be your first 50-mile bike ride. Simply put, it’s not a beginner’s camp for learning how to road bike, but an intermediate (and above) cyclists’ opportunity to learn, practice and get coached.
Camp objectives include, but are not limited to:
• Improve her endurance and long distance riding skills
• Further develop her climbing ability & descending confidence
• Learn and practice how to ride in a single and double pace line
• Review fundamentals of good bike handling
• Receive one-on-one coaching to improve areas of special interest
- 4 days and 4 nights gives you the option for four days of training, or three days plus a rest day
- One-on-one coaching (in addition to group coaching) from professional coaches
- Location: Howard Prairie Lake in Ashland, Oregon
- “Camp Central” is a beautiful lodge-style home on private acreage where we will enjoy accommodations, meals and group gatherings. Ping pong is available for some extra fun!
- Nightly “Hot Topics” plus Q&A session with our coaches
- General Schedule (more details will be provided to participants)
Check-in Wednesday evening, 8/22 and we’ll have dinner and an orientation night. Thursday – Sunday: Group & individual coaching, skill building exercises and training rides (options available for varying skill levels). Camp ends Sunday, August 26th at 1:00 PM. Participants must be available for the entire camp. Cost: (includes meals, lodging and coaching)
• $700 Double occupancy bed (per person rate) – $175 per day!
• $900 Single occupancy bed – $225 per day!
• $300 deposit required to reserve your spot
• Balance due July 15, 2018
• Free Arm Warmers: Refer a friend who has not attended camp previously and receive a free pair of RLAG Arm Wa
Does not include:
- Transportation to camp
- Meals you choose to purchase outside of camp
Registration: Click Here to Register
Cancelations & Refunds:
- Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be processed through the credit card you used to register when possible or by check. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.
- 100% refundable before July 15th
- July 15th: Registration is non-refundable
Are you ready for a 4-day learning experience to take your cycling skills to the next level? Click here register.
* The distance of camp rides will vary each day, be a minimum of 50+ miles and are subject to change based on a variety of conditions and coaches’ judgement.