Ride Like A Girl Cycling exists to help women discover the joy of bicycling. We invite women of various bicycling abilities in the area of Portland, Oregon to come into a community of girlfriends where we strive to:
• Create a women-friendly, supportive cycling community for beginners, intermediates and “RLAG graduates” to practice their skills and enjoy “Girlfriend Rides.” Ride just for fun or to further develop and strengthen your skills.
• Offer true-beginners a training path to riding skillfully, safely and confidently. First-timers and “Nervous Nellies” are especially welcome.
• Build basic skills to promote good bike handling, safe riding and self-sufficiency through demonstrations, on-ride lessons and training clinics. This 4-part beginner series begins in the spring and continues through the fall.
• Give more experienced cyclists a place to give back by sharing what they have learned, leading bike rides or simply coming alongside junior cyclists to encourage and support them.
Try, Join, Take Advantage: We encourage you to take advantage of a 30-day trial and then invite you to become a member for $25. Benefits include:
- 20% off purchases at Western Bikeworks (Portland, OR) in-store and online (some exclusions apply).
- 50% off bike fit services at Western Bikeworks.
- Free “girlfriend rides”
- Access to other free and pay-for training clinics and services to improve your cycling and mechanical skills. Examples include: flat tire repair, creating a route, road biking 101, etc.
- Opportunities to ride local biking events as a team or organize with other girlfriends who want to ride together.
- Exclusive access to our local Facebook Group to connect with RLAG Cycling women within our local community.
Sign up for a 30-day trial at www.Meetup.com/RLAGcycling.